Research can be intimidating, especially if you’re new to it. Here are a few things to help you understand the basics!
- A User Experience Designer Might Not Be What You Think by Paul Boag
Not explicitly about user research but this is a great read for folks new ux and user research to think about when considering career opportunities.
- Complete Beginner’s Guide to UX Research by UX Booth
- UX Research Cheat Sheet by Susan Farrell
- The 7 Deadly Sins of User Research by David Travis
- UX Tools for User Research and User Testing by Fabricio Teixeira & Caio Braga
Lists of tools are ALWAYS helpful — here are 35 tools ranging from recording to recruiting!
- Consider these variables before you choose a UX research method by Hannah Alvarez
Here’s a high-level overview of research types and the product life cycle — a great intro for those just beginning with research and product design.
Interesting Studies and Reads
- Transformation by Jan Chipchase
- [Video] Choice, Happiness and spaghetti sauce by Malcolm Gladwell
- Design Research at Dropbox: How to win friends and influence product by Cristen Torrey
- How a roadside rest stop inspired an entirely different approach to FAQs by Jason Fried
Just a quick article that shows how answers to problems can be found in lots of places