Hi, I'm Brad, and I help teams make better products through purposeful research and measurable design.
I believe great products are built upon a foundation of thoughtful user research, diligent validation, and meticulous planning. And, in my experience, the best work happens by including diverse, cross-functional teams throughout the research and design process.
- User research — usability, interviewing, contextual inquiries, cognitive walkthroughs, remote studies, diary studies, etc.
- Data synthesis and analysis — user flows, personas, user journeys, customer maps, task analysis, etc.
- Information architecture — wireframes, sitemaps, sketches, mockups, and prototypes
- Product strategy — defining roadmaps and prioritizing product attributes
- Writing technical specifications and user stories
- Creating cross-functional teams to provide insights, feedback, and buy-in
- Leading teams in design workshops
In my spare time, I write about research and design, create collections of user research resources, mentor designers, serve on the board of directors for Season of Concern (a Chicago-based HIV/AIDS non-profit), and take lots of pictures of my dog, Jarvis.